1929 Vintage Boathouse - Sleeps 8
First Floor: Brand new bathroom with walk-in shower. Updated fully equiped, open kitchen with views of the lake. Two bedrooms: 1 queen bedroom and 1 bunk room with triple bunk + XL Twin Bed. Two screened-in porches & deck overlooking the lake. Living room with lots of room for relaxing and playing games!
- Newer, rustic addition with private entrance, queen bed, twin bed/reading nook,2 dressers, and a walk-in closet
- Kitchenette area with sink, microwave, and mini-fridge
- Gas fireplace, table and chairs
- Bathroom with shower stall
- All bed linens and bath towels provided
- Large windows with beautiful views overlooking Mamie Lake
Truly Get Away
Please note that the Boathouse does not offer some of our common conveniences such as a TV and WiFi (our US Cellular & AT&T phones have good connection). We like it this way! If you are looking for a peaceful, truly “get away from it all” vacation, we are sure you will enjoy all of the following that the Boathouse does offer:
- Large fire pit with built-in seating with wood provided!
- Variety of water and forest birds including the great American Bald Eagle, osprey, loons, herons, hawks, & owls
- Excellent fishing and boating on 15 connected lakes with 271 miles of beautiful, wooded, scenic shoreline
- Bent’s Camp directly across the lake has boat launch, bait, gas, and full restaurant and bar.
- Bike trailhead on Thousand Island Lake Rd/Hwy B
- Screened in porch with swing; perfect for napping, reading, enjoying a cup of coffee or glass of wine!
- 200+ feet of water frontage
- DNR owned island close by that allows one night of free overnight camping, first come-first serve
- Three private piers
- Large hammock overlooking lake
- Close to the Sylvania Wilderness Forest which offers many more lakes and hiking trails
- 10 minute drive to Land O’Lakes, 30 minutes to Eagle River, 45 minutes to Minocqua